Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Final Projecting

So here's the rundown. I started my project using Pure Data. I was hoping to make an audio controlled "painting" program using Gem and Open GL objects. In other words, the project could be split up into 2 parts: The analog audio input from a microphone (which includes the information derived from its signal) and the visual output (created by Open GL).

After much frustration and many many hours of playing with examples from the PD Extended browser, I realized that using Jitter as a visual programing environment would be much easier and it would look pretty good too. With the generous help of my friend Borna Sammak, we set out to conquer Jitter with a similar concept as my original plan, but angled more towards the manipulation of images as they are displayed on a screen. The following posts will give a general procedural and technical overview of the final project as it exists in its current form. Since Today is Tuesday and the project isn't due until Thursday (I know this sounds absolutely ridiculous), I might decide to modify it if I find something inspiring.

No comments: