Wednesday, November 7, 2007

One more added note about the midterm proj

I know my blog seems a bit disjointed right now (considering my lab assignments are all out of order and I'm adding another note about my midterm assignment which we finished about a week ago), however, I must note that for the speed control component on the interactive bike light, we decided to go with a really simple design based around the brake as a switch. If the brake is pressed hard enough, two contacts in a switch are connected and an analog input signal is sent to the arduino, which basically tells the LED sequence to speed up. Our original design was going to implement a spedometer attached to the back wheel as our sensor, but for the prototype's purpose the simple switch idea seemed more feasible.

No comments: