Sunday, November 18, 2007

improvements and discoveries

I fixed the problem with my serial connection. Apparently Processing was looking at the wrong serial port (it tried to find an input on my modem's serial port). I changed the input to port [3], which is the usb serial, and everything worked ok. Additionally, I've been trying to figure out how to get an analog signal into PD and create a data stream. I finally realized that the adc~ object connect to an env~ object, and then I can output a data stream in dB. I used the data stream (which ranged from 60-79dB) to control a few different images in the GEM extended examples in Pure Data. It was pretty cool to control an image with a sound input but I'm still a little bit far from my goal of creating a visual artwork based on the sound. I need to figure out how to scale my sounds so that I can have a wider data stream to control different visual elements. Perhaps some visual examples will follow this post...

No comments: