Saturday, September 29, 2007

Lab 3


I've posted a picture of my lab three beginnings. I'm not quite done with playing around using the photosensor, but this picture shows the basic elements of the voltage divider circuit as an analog input to the arduino microcontroller. My goal is to build a circuit with multiple LEDs that light up like a meter depending on the voltage that is sent to the arduino. I'm going to see what I can come up with and I'll report back with my findings. As discussed in class, I think I'm going to start by using a potentiometer as my voltage divider to the arduino, and then write or tailor an existing sketch to light up multiple LEDs depending on that analog input.

On another note, I found a cool website for voltage divider calculators and other types of electronics calculators here: http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-voltagedivider.htm

No comments: